:: Re: [dyne:bolic] D:B IIII unauthori…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: sayhi2guy@tiscali.co.uk
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dynebolic
Aihe: Re: [dyne:bolic] D:B IIII unauthorised net access 'mir'
Hi Jaromil

I'm glad you have a lot of motivated people at your end. I
am a little surprised this list has been so quiet over such great
news.

Thanks for all your efforts
Guy

unauthorised net access &#39;mir&#39;

dondon wrote:

>> Well I must admit that that idea that D:B connect by

it self sounds
>> just lige a candy to this guy.
>
>d:b doesn't and

*will never* connect automatically to any online service.

>in fact a

core feature of d:b is the possibility to work completely
>offline. the

"attempt to connect to mir" is a leftover of pure:dyne
>and it

basically consists of an attempt to connect to the default
>localhost

hostname "mir".

>I'm on the task of fixing this issue along with a

rewrite of whole
>parts of the boot process, so expect it to be

disappearing in the next
>release.
>
>so, thanks for reporting it!
>

>we'll release the "3.0 public beta" next week! from there on we'll

>keep the main versioning number progress: this will mean all 3.0

>series will be "beta" (meaning: in development, testing welcome) so

>please keep reporting issues until we'll reach a stable version and

>all features of the dyne:II core are ported to this new apt-based

>core.
>
>I'm happy lots of people are getting mobilised for this

release!
>tonight we'll have a geek night session in Pescara with three

people
>(Urla, Blended and me) to analyse the release and discuss

issues.

>I hope people here will do the same and that we can come up

>something we can be all proud of :^D
>
>ciao
>
>--
>jaromil, dyne.