:: [dyne:bolic] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta 4 …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jaromil
A: dynebolic
Assumptes nous: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta 4 - experienced testing welcome! + ESP
Assumpte: [dyne:bolic] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta 4 - experienced testing welcome!

re all,

it has finally come the time we all look together at what is going to
be the dyne:III development cycle for the dyne:bolic operating system,
so please, if you have some experience of GNU/Linux desktop systems
and some hardware to try it on, take time to look around and comment
on these ISO files up for download from some of our kind mirrors:

http://ljudmila.org/~jaromil/dyneIII/

                  (Thanks to Ljudmila Medialab!)

http://m5.notomorrow.de/dyne/

http://m3.notomorrow.de/dyne/

                (Thanks to... FNORD!)

you will find an ISO that is not yet final and not yet for public
circulation: we need to have a round of feedback on this one from
users that knew dyne:bolic before...

this new major version features a core based on pure:dyne carrot &
coriander, cleaned up to be 100% free (no proprietary software, binary
blobs, thing that we don't clearly know what they are doing under ur
ass while computing...) but still there might be something to clean up
(suggest!) since we really want to get rid of spyware, bloatware and
things that encourage users to buy, consume and become zombies.

one of the technical spotlights under the hood is that we now run
on... the Linux Kernel version 3! so we follow the epic version :)
more precisely, our kernel is cleaned up (Linux-Libre) from binary
blobs by the good people at FSF Latin America and all around the
world.

so let us know whaddaya think by replying to this thread and if you
have applications that you think should be removed/added/fixed to be
present in core.

we don't have yet a system for modules (will come), but we have good
encryption software for personal data and some easy to install scripts
which will evolve with graphical interfaces. the thing should be well
usable as a live system, as usual, but can also be installed on the
harddisk like other GNU/Linux systems.

also as usual dyne:bolic aims to contain all tools needed for its
development so you will find already installed stuff to compile your
own software and customize it.

so 'nuff for now, give it a spin and consider the documentation is not
yet finished... but ok after the 3.0 release we will have set the ball
rolling and we will keep on with a series of new releases.. with your
good help :)

ciao

p.s. if anyone is at the Chaos Communication Camp in Berlin this week,
come find us at the Dyne Village!
http://events.ccc.de/camp/2011/wiki/Dyne

p.p.s the dyne:II series (current stable version 2.5.2) has gone a
      long time without an update and its kernel should also be
      replaced ASAP with Linux-Libre, to eliminate more proprietary
      drivers left in. we will do that in the next month and we will
      take offline the current ISO as soon as the 3 is out, taking
      some time to fix it.

ciao

--
jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39