:: [dyne:bolic] Upgraded xorg module
Top Pagina
Auteur: fruity
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: [dyne:bolic] Upgraded xorg module
Hello to the list,

in the last week I had my hands in the dough of dynebolic.
Following linux from scratch and beyond linux from scratch I started
upgrading the xorg module.
I have now a fresh xorg 7.2 with mesa freeglut and all drivers working;
there are two major problems now:

*) pciutils are needed to be upgraded in the sys to have the module
working properly, it actually only miss libpciaccess.so that comes from
pciutils sources
*) the init scripts from db find my radeonHD as ati and the ati module
from xorg show me a green screen.
*) without any xorg.conf it just finds out by itself what is needed and it
picks the right driver for the radeon(in my example) and no green screen
*) the pack is an alpha stage and contain some build dependecies like
python2.6

I need to to another couple of testing just to be sure, I need to put the
libpciaccess in the xorg module and see if it conflict with the one in the
system.

Also in the next weeks I'd like to do some major work to refine the init
procedure and the dynesdk.
Would be nice if someone with good experience on zsh shell join us (jaro
me and asbesto) in the #dynebolic channel on dyne.org irc server and maybe
have a little chitchat in the next days(please keep in mind I'm mostly
active after 20.00 amsterdam)

We can have a little discussion about the future works if anyone is
interested...I mean it just need to be a little brainstorm, I will try to
write down the guidelines from jaromil so for following right on track:

1) minimal but not lacking
2) simple but not amateur
3) free is always better

I have a little roadmap we could discuss...if anyone is interested I'll
write it and mail it here in next days.

Ciao
q^c^p