:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dyne:bolic 3.0
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Carsten Agger
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Asunto: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dyne:bolic 3.0
I was getting a bit confused looking at the dyne.org site.

Is there a mailing list or something similar for the TBT software?

I ws going to ask this:

It works really beautifully, except for one thing which bothers me - and
that is, that it doesn't render special characters (Danish characters
like æ, ø and å, e.g.) properly.

They come out Unicode'y, like this: æ å å

The characters are encoded as numbers, so modifying the headers won't
help. Perhaps this problem was already solved?

Regarding dyne:bolic,

> as of today i'm convinced that gNewSense is the best platform to start
> dyne:III from: basically debian with the advantage of gnewsensers
> taking care of most of the 100% free choices to be made. still i'm
> kind of sad to leave the Fedora base out, since its also doing some
> good progress, but well most of dyne-hackers know and use debian and
> in some cases are even """official""" debian developers.

I used gNewSense for six months last year and found it to be really
excellent distro with a nice community around it. I had to abandon it
because of some hardware compatility issues, but look forward to return
to it when I hopefully get around to setting up our recycled desktop
computer. I think it would be the ideal distro to base d:b on, so heads
up for that :-)

br
Carsten