:: [dyne:bolic] Baking modules
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Vladimir Lemus
A: dynebolic
Assumpte: [dyne:bolic] Baking modules
I've been working trying to create some science related modules
(until now I just finished, correctly, gnuplot module), I could
make a root module (it was easy, just configure, make, make
install, squash etc.) and  it looks that is going to work, the problem is that
you can install in two different ways: "location independent
installation" and "fixed location installation".
   I used to install it on Scientific Linux as fixed location, just
installing as normal and configuring the
"/etc/ld.so.conf.d/root.conf" archive, but it doesn't exist on
dyne:bolic. I tried to create it but didn't work.
  Later I try to set environment variables but really don't know how to do it, write in the /etc module archive a "env" file.
According to INSTALL file I should do
2) set ROOTSYS to the `root' directory:
      sh family:
        export ROOTSYS=<path>/root      I think it's not possible to do this as module
      csh family
        setenv ROOTSYS <path>/root

   3) now type the build commands:
      all shells:
        ./configure --help
        ./configure <arch>        [change arch appropriately]            No problem
        gmake                     [or, make -j2 for dual CPU machines]
        gmake install             [when run directory is not $ROOTSYS]

   4) add $ROOTSYS/bin to PATH and $ROOTSYS/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
      sh family:
        export PATH=$ROOTSYS/bin:$PATH
        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ROOTSYS/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH                Really don't know
        export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ROOTSYS/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH (MacOS X only)
      csh family:
        setenv PATH ${ROOTSYS}/bin:${PATH}
        setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${ROOTSYS}/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
        setenv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH ${ROOTSYS}/lib:${DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH} (MacOS X)
        rehash

   5) try running root:
      all shells:

        root

I mean, could I configure my module as portable as possible so the user doesn't need to do all this? If not: how do I do this in dyne:bolic?
Sorry, this is a long message, I hope you can help me. Sorry for my english. Thanks to everyone.

Vladimir

correl electrónico gratuito con 250 MB de capacidad y en 100 dominios distintos a elegir sólo en http://mail.mailmonstruo.com