:: [dyne:bolic] automount of usb devic…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Giftmischer
Aan: dynebolic
Onderwerp: [dyne:bolic] automount of usb device doesn't start in fluxbox
Hi dynebolians,

when I connect my usb storage device in fluxbox (non-root user), the
gtkdialog doesn't pop up and the device isn't mounted. In WindowMaker
it's the same problem, but in Xfce it works without problems...

A simple solution is to edit /etc/fstab - via

mkdir -p /mnt/usb
echo /dev/sda1\ /mnt/usb\ auto\
rw,noexec,uid=0,gid=8,umask=0002,defaults,user,sync >> /etc/fstab

in /etc/rc.local and use Rox to mount.

But I remember that in older dyne:II versions the usb storage device
mounting was also possible in WindowMaker...

Is there any hint, maybe to edit some config files?

(And yes, I WANT to use fluxbox... ;)

Bye & Yours,

Giftmischer