:: Re: [dyne:bolic] getting started on…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: kaffer@freemail.hu
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Assumpte: Re: [dyne:bolic] getting started on d:b
Hi Dany,

maybe the 1 issue is because your HDD is formatted with NTFS and the
filesystem contains some errors.
this could be checked by trying to mount the HDD yourself with command
in terminal window:
mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/hda1 /mnt/hd1/1

If filesystem contains any error then an error msg will appear.
Thenyou can do 2 things:
1. boot into Windblows run chkdsk -f and try dynebolic again.
or
2. run the same command with a suffix '-o force'. This will ignore bad
data - you wont see bad files on the hdd.
But watch out, using ntfs under dyne sometimes not totally safe, the
implementation is experimental

For other details on mount type 'man mount' in terminal window.

If this doesn't solve the problem, let me know