:: Re: [dyne:bolic] starting with dyne
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Guy
À: dynebolic mailinglist
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] starting with dyne
Grammostola Rosea wrote:

>>* Is is btw possible to upgrade the software in Dyne?
>>* what is the difference between dynebolic and pure dyne?
>>* when is the new release of dynebolic
>>

>>One other question. Isn't it dangerous, cause we are constantly root isn't?

Hi

In order:

To upgrade the software you would have to re-master the modules &
compile from source. D:B has all you need to do this & there are
instructions in the manual, but it is for the more advanced user.

Pure dyne was based on dyne but modified. I think recently they have
moved to a debian base.

I gather Jaromil is looking at a bugfix release & is looking ahead to a
3.0 release but no dates have been given.

Running a live system as root is not so dangerous because key parts are
read only, you can only bork the local files, which you can do as an
ordinary user anyway. If you are concerned D:B does come with a user
(Luther, password luther) already setup.

Hope these help

Guy