:: [dyne:bolic] Hasciicam drivers and …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: charly gr
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Assumpte: [dyne:bolic] Hasciicam drivers and enhanced ascii
hi,

        I'd like to comment an issue, maybe somebody can give me a clue.

        I've finally managed to install Hasciicam 1.0 in an Asus eee 9001,
by using a Quickcam Express camera.

        The problem is that I'm only able to capture images in plain ascii,
black characters on a white background. I'm using the live mode.

        I've tried to modify the aalib options. I can only use the bold and
boldfonts modes, I am not able to change font color, type or picture size.

        I think this has to do with the aalib output driver. I've read in
the aalib documentation, that the x11 drive is recommended, but I could'nt
enable it. Anybody knows how to do that?

       This is my aainfo output:

"Display:
 Current driver:Standard output driver
  Short name   :stdout
 Font          :Standard vga 8x16 font
  Short name   :vga16"

When I launch hasciicam, it is executed in the same terminal window. Only
once, the first time, I could obtain a neat ascii picture in extended ascii.
The problem is that I don't know how I did that, I just pressed some keys I
think. It's silly, and extremely irritating. You may see my picture in the
link below. The live ascii was was launched in a different aa window. I'm
just not being able to open one now.

http://diariodeunviajeamisiones.blogspot.com/2008/10/yo-en-asciijpg.html

well, thanks a lot if u've read to this point. Any clue, the slightest
one, will be greatly appreciated. I love hasciicam anyway.

greetings from Buenos Aires

charly.gr

--
mi blog: