:: Re: [dyne:bolic] can't boot with dy…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: jaromil
À: dynebolic mailinglist
Nouveaux-sujets: [dyne:bolic] R: VideoCard for linux - WAS can't boot with dyne 2.5.2 and subscribe tobugreport page !!!
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] can't boot with dyne 2.5.2 and subscribe to bugreport page !!!

hi Andy,

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:57:38PM +0200, Andy Frisko wrote:

> where are the x logs , /etc/X11/ or is there another directory extra
> for logs? while booting i saw that dynebolic uses nv as
> driver. later i'll have a look on the xorg.conf

this is a known problem, should be fixed using the 'fbdev' driver

unfortunately nvidia won't release the code of the drivers, violating
a basic market law that keeps us away from using in any way we like
the hardware we buy. another effect is creating lots of problems to
support the hardware in 100% free distributions like dyne:bolic. i
therefore encourage once again everyone to boycott all nvidia products
in any possible way.

ciao

- --

jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org

GPG: EDEE F1B9 DC92 76C0 6D46 D77A 58B0 82D6 [ 5B6E 6D97 ]