:: Re: [dyne:bolic] can't boot with dy…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Guy
À: dynebolic mailinglist
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] can't boot with dyne 2.5.2 and subscribe to bug reportpage !!!
Andy Frisko wrote:

>hi,
>
>i post here my bug, because the bugreport-page has a bug ! - so i coudln't subscribe there.
>
>with the latest download of dynebolic 2.5.2 my system booted until xfce starts... (or should i better say doesn't start). my screen stays black after booting and loading drivers...
>
>i have got an amd 64 2600+
>geforce 7300 gt
>creative audigy 1
>3gb ram
>
>i hope you can help me...
>
>console is working but when starting xfe nothings happens...
>or does it take above 4 minutes to boot xfce ?
>
>thanks in advance.
>andy

Hi Andy

I am away from my home computers at the moment so sorry but this is from
memory. Normally dynebolic boots very quickly & easily - obviously some
of the harware/ software do not like each other.

At boot time try looking at the options to see what codes you can put in
at the boot prompt (usually found by pressing function keys F2, F3 etc)
and see if there are any options there that can help, anything about
booting with vesa is espeacially worth a try.

Perhaps someone else on this list with physical access to a disk can
pitch in here (come on, you know you want an excuse to boot it! :0)

regards

Guy