:: Re: [dyne:bolic] I don´t know how …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Guy
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: Re: [dyne:bolic] I don´t know how to configure JACK(or it´s configured, but i don´t know how to use)
yuribarros@??? wrote:

>I am trying to configure JACK, but always ends in no sound. It said it
>initialised correctly, but it doesn´t have sound when I use JACK-based apps.
>Someone can send how i run, and configure correctly? I am using a Sound
>Blaster Live!, and is recognized as ens1371.
>dyne:bolic GNU/Linux http://dynebolic.org
>open wiki http://lab.dyne.org/DynebolicFaq

Hi

Suggestions:

1) Sorry if this is the obvious one, have you used alsamixer (available
in a terminal) to make sure all the neccesary volume controls are turned
up. Most GUI mixers don't play all that well with my soundblaster card
& I usually end up going back to this, especially for audio recording.

2) If you are using the midi applications to drive your souncard you
need to load soundfonts. (Windows does this automatically Linux does
not). Search your soundblaster install disc for *.sfx files. The one I
use is ( I think!) emu8mb.sfx . You then need to load it. From a
terminal you use fluidsynth. There is also GUI frontend called qsynth.
I am not sure if that now comes with d:b but if not it compiles from
source easily or you can find a slackware package at slacky.it that will
work.

3) If these don't work use qjackctl (in the audio menu) to start jack &
open the messages screen & see if you get any useful output. You may
well need to use it to connect the apps you are using, they often do not
connect automatically. The varoius apps midi all need to be connected &
make then sure the audio out is connected to the sound card.

If you find any of these sort you out you can, if you wish, write a
shell script that will start up what you want automatically.

Do let us know how you get on.

Hope this helps

Guy