:: Re: [dyne:bolic] must one nest with…
Top Pagina
Auteur: jaromil
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Nieuwe Onderwerpen: [dyne:bolic] I don´t know how to configure JACK(or it´s configured, but i don´t know how to use)
Onderwerp: Re: [dyne:bolic] must one nest with a dock

re all,

On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 01:01:51PM +0200, Lukasz Jastrzebski wrote:

> Hi again! There is no easy and automated way to keep your settings
> or data in home folder (only nesting). You can make custom manual
> backup while ending and refresh it at start by hand. Or create and
> burn new CD with your settings "in it", but this is not the everyday
> way for mortal humans.

hey hey, luckily enough developer are not immortal eh! :)

as far as i understood Guy's question, the answer is: yes also when
you docked you still need a nest to keep your settings & home
directory.

to be more precise, the nest holds:
/etc <- system wide settings and configurations
/home/luther
/root <- default users home
/usr/local <- user's installed software from source

ciao!

- --
Jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org

GPG: 779F E8B5 47C7 3A89 4112 64D0 7B64 3184 [ B534 0B5E ]