:: Re: [dyne:bolic] upgrading jack
Top Pagina
Auteur: Josh Lawrence
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: Re: [dyne:bolic] upgrading jack
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:50 AM, jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:
> just install it over, it will work. use dyneconf instead of configure..

awesome. dyne is so cool in this respect, it's hard to quantify with
words. amazing work.

I've updated my dssi module
(http://hardbop200.nfshost.com/uploads/index.php?dir=dyne%2F), my next
job is to get jack-keyboard
(http://pin.if.uz.zgora.pl/~trasz/jack-keyboard/) working so I can
have a tracker-type instrument to play live. jamming synths with your
qwerty keyboard...cool, huh? obviously, I'll make that available too,
but it will require having jack upgraded. I guess I can just repack
dyne.sys and distribute that with the module. it'll be a huge
download, but it will be worth it. are you ok with me redistributing
dyne.sys with the upgraded jack?

> regarding the previous email about installing on harddisk, please see
> the user's manual in the chapter "Install the medialab" it is well
> described, you can use the grubconfig script I've packed, way easier.

will do.

> regarding your other questions (private email) I'm looking for some
> time to reply them all, soon :)
>
> ciao

yes, I know I've saturated you with emails lately. :) I guess I feel
like I need to understand what is going on with the livecd boot
system. my next goal is to compile a new kernel for dyne, which is
why I'm so interested in learning this process.

thanks again, jaromil!

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com