:: [dyne:bolic] Installing joystick
Top Pagina
Auteur: Lukasz Jastrzebski
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: [dyne:bolic] Installing joystick
Hi all!
I have small problem here.
I did not manage to install my joypad (Logitech DualAction, USB plug,
2 analog joys, 1 digital joy, 10 buttons). I want it working to
control some stuff in pd/pdp. I have IBM T30.
I have d:b docked with additional modules (mostly taken from p:d
liveCD, but also 7zip, veejay and skype).
I've tried to follow some tutorials, usually they go like: "try to
various modprobe xyz from the list". Maybe I should find a *propper*
list? (yes, I've tried joydev module) Under Ubuntu everything was
working, so this is not a hardware failure or n-th Linux feature. Now
under d:b path /dev/input/js0 does not even exist (should be created
when joystick is found?).
Do I have to compile some kernel modules?
Maybe you can support me with some tips?
Other thing:
Do you feel we should talk about software included in the default
modules? (eg.: "why not cplay in place of Xmms")?
Thanks,
Lukas