:: Re: [dyne:bolic] help on booting fo…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: stomfisite
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Asunto: Re: [dyne:bolic] help on booting for the first time
I have a lot of trouble with an AMD 64 with nVidia force4 and PCIE
5300 card. I usually have to set the driver to "vesa" to solve the
problem on lots of distros, although with 32bit Ubuntu 7.10 it loads
the nVidia kernel, and with the nvidia proprietary video driver, it
is stable.

I do have some problems with certain apps giving memory leaks. I
thought this was an Xorg problem, but on trying the "nv", nvidia,
and vesa drivers and running "xrestop" I could see the apps were
using and not freeing pixel memory. I conclude it is the PCIE
hardware, as on a Compaq 2.4GHz P4 with dual screen nvidia card, the
problems disappear.