:: Re: [dyne:bolic] orinoco wireless c…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: clackey
À: dynebolic mailinglist
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] orinoco wireless card not recognized
Thanks for the info Jeremy. I tried adding the kernel-src.dyne module,
and just as you had predicted, I got the read-only error when trying to
compile the orinoco driver. mystery still unsolved...

However, I have had a small amount of progress with the orinoco wireless
problem:

I found out that dyne:bolic already had the orinoco module built in.
when I typed

modprobe orinoco_cs

the module was inserted with no problems, and when i typed lsmod,
orinoco is in the list of modules. So there's no problem there; and
really no need for me to compile the driver manually. However, when i
went to Configure::Wireless in the main menu, dyne:bolic sais it still
doesn't recognize any wireless hardware. I did some searching around
online and found a fix derived from
http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/laptop/amilo.html :

I had to open up the /etc/hostap_cs.conf file and change some lines (i'm
pretty sure that's the correct path... once again, i'm on my Ubuntu
system right now, so i'm not positive. it might be in /etc/modules/; but
at any rate the file is definitely named hostap_cs). the first line,
which was:

device "hostap_cs"
       class "network" module "hostap", "hostap_cs"

..was changed to:

device "orinoco_cs"
       class "network" module "hermes", "orinoco", "orinoco_cs"

..Then directly underneath, I added the line:

card "Lucent Technologies Orinoco"
       manfid 0x0156,0x0002
       bind "orinoco_cs"

..and saved the file.

Afterwards, I rebooted and tried the wireless option again, and it
worked. Wifi-Radar opened up showing a bunch of local networks. Now, the
only problem I have is connecting to my network. I'm connected to it
right now on Ubuntu with no problems. I know what the key for it is,
along with all of its other configurations; but when I enter these into
Wifi-Radar (or even using iwconfig & dhcpcd in the console), it never
obtains an IP.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong now... Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

..Also, although it's more of a problem for Jeremy than myself now, it
would be helpful if anyone knows how to properly configure the kernel
module!

thanks!

clack.