:: [dyne:bolic] orinoco wireless card …
Top Pagina
Auteur: clackey
Aan: dyne:bolic Mailing List
Onderwerp: [dyne:bolic] orinoco wireless card not recognized
I'm on a Toshiba Portege 4000 laptop. It has a built in wireless card
(ORiNOCO), but dyne:bolic doesn't seem to recognize it at all. All I get
when checking the available network interfaces is eth0 (my ethernet
connection).

I tried downloading and installing the linux orinoco driver
( http://www.nongnu.org/orinoco/ ), but when trying to use the 'make'
command, it tells me that the kernel cannot be found in the kernel path.
I browsed through a bunch of folders (I think one was /etc/modules...
I'm running Ubuntu now so I'm not positive) and found what should be the
kernel, but there were only broken shortcuts.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the wireless, or at least know
what's up with the kernel?

thanks!

clack.