:: [dyne:bolic] Need some tips about l…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Barnabé Iblonchk
Aan: dynebolic
Onderwerp: [dyne:bolic] Need some tips about locales and/or mail archives bulk
Dear all,

First of all, a big thanks to rasta software for this fantastic work :-)

Some little tips still needed for keyboard and language settings:

1) I couldn't got fr_CH keyboard set at startup after having modified
    /usr/share/dyne/dyne.cfg accordingly

    keyboard=fr_CH doesn't seems to works
    nor keyboard="Swiss French"

    This setup is for a friend of me ;-)
    On the other hand I'm using exclusively 'us-intl'  and would also
    appreciate to be able to use it as a default.

2) How may I do change to UTF-8 encoding for default locale ?
    Default locales seems to involve only iso8859-1 encoding for western.
    This doesn't allow roxfiler to handle accented characters in messages.
    Rox needs UTF encoding. I have verified this behavior on hand rox-filer
after
    having changed locales manualy. I don't know if this works perfectly for
all
    available applications.

    But in any cases, setting 'language=fr_FR.UTF-8' in dyne.cfg is not
    a recommended solution...

3) Instead of posting this mail, I would have preferred to browse the
mailing
    list archive for those questions (which may have been already answered
    a couple of time). Is their a way to get the bulk archive ?

Kindest regards
bertrand