:: Re: [dyne:bolic] create a virtual v…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Martin Ahnelöv
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Assumpte: Re: [dyne:bolic] create a virtual video device
mån 2007-12-24 klockan 00:32 +0100 skrev Pierpaolo Gullˆa:
> Hi guys , I'm using Dynebolic on my esktop for my video experiment , but
> I have a trouble:
> There is a way to create a virtual video device , that I can use with
> the player how a source ?
> For example I do
> ffmpeg2theofra files,avi -o /dev/virtualdevice
> in another terminal
> freej /dev/virtualdevice
>
> This is only an example of the use that I want to do with this virtual
> device
> Simply I want a device that can be uused how an output and input by
> others video program!
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Pierpaolo

Hey, you are looking for something like Jack, but for video? Well, there
is such a project, but it's still very young and I don't know in which
condition the development is in.

You might get it to run, but I'm not sure there are any clients yet. If
everything goes well, we might have V4Jack working in a couple of years
or something =)

Hope that helps,
Gasten