:: Re: [dyne:bolic] core notes
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: jaromil
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Asunto: Re: [dyne:bolic] core notes

re all,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 07:34:07PM +0000, andrea bertolasi wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2007 8:53 AM, <fruity@???> wrote:
> > from ramdisk: is /bin/tomb used anywhere? I beleive also fusermount can be
> > removed since gmailfs(the only one using it) runs as root.
>
> not sure, but fuse is needed by ntfs-3g (the ntfs read write).

i would ask please don't modify the ramdisk as it is very delicate and
already stripped down. tomb is an important app (not yet documented
properly) to handle encrypted partitions - i'm using it a lot! :)

and anything that has to do with audio in the ramdisk doesn't really
makes sense, the ramdisk is there to startup a limited system
(busybox) and find the dyne.sys anywhere around, which will then
contain the full system, so should include network tools (and also
fuse) but not applications with big dependencies (ldd alsamixer and
libasound to see).

eventually in dyne:3 i'm planning to actively mantain the ramdisk
since it is a very delicate part and until it is well documented in
its functionalities (and limits) it might break the system to touch
it.

happy hacking :)

ciao

- --