:: [dyne:bolic] core notes
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: fruity
À: dynebolic
Sujet: [dyne:bolic] core notes
This are few notes,
mind that I'm going deep cause there are some core feature that should be
fixed|implemented, cause they whould simplifyng life to anyone, in couple
of days(hopefully) I'll be on software debugging.

####################################
The fat corruption story...

[d:b] ~ #ls /sbin/fsck*
                                        20:00
/sbin/fsck  /sbin/fsck.ext2  /sbin/fsck.ext3  /sbin/fsck.reiserfs
/sbin/fsck.xfs

[d:b] ~ #ls -lh /sbin/fsck.xfs
                                        20:10
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 2.7K

[d:b] ~ #ls /usr/sbin/fsck*
/usr/sbin/fsck         /usr/sbin/fsck.ext2  /usr/sbin/fsck.minix
/usr/sbin/fsck.vfat
/usr/sbin/fsck.cramfs  /usr/sbin/fsck.ext3  /usr/sbin/fsck.msdos
/usr/sbin/fsck.xfs

[d:b] ~ #ls -lh /usr/sbin/dosfsck
                                        20:17
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 42K

Should this be moved?
keep in mind that dosfsck is suite for different fs while *.xfs is for
just one fs
Anyone knows why is like they are not already swicted?

####################################

from ramdisk: is /bin/tomb used anywhere? I beleive also fusermount can be
removed since gmailfs(the only one using it) runs as root.

###################################

alsaconf should be in the ramdisk, if I netboot I want to be able to open
the mic and the line in( maybe even running muse or darkice? (need to
compile them both static and check the size difference or fixing the
net|samba mount)

Another issue
[d:b] /bin #cat /bin/volumemixer
                                        20:44
#!/bin/sh

if [ "`which xfce4-mixer`" ]; then
        exec xfce4-mixer $@
elif [ "`which alsamixer`" ]; then
        exec alsamixer $@
fi

If I'm running volatile I don't have nor alsamixer nor the xfce one, and
to me sound strange to wrap a binary on the disk from ramdisk, any other
opinion or explanation?

##################################
I'm not for splitting the modules into small, as it is now is perfect ,
but I belive the audio modules should have 3 internal tree
software audio jack aware - alsa aware - oss aware with in case libs from
other modules than the dyne.sys compiled statically in. In oss the ones
that runs just on oss, in alsa the one that runs on alsa and possibily oss
and in jack all the others, any other suggestion or opinion?

Whould be nice to have the script that mounts a new module that add and
removes from /etc/ld.so.conf the proper paths, this could also be done in
a way like this:
[d:b] /mnt/hd1/3 #cat ../4/etc/ld.so.conf
include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf

and the script just need to create a link to his own ld.so.conf in
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/,
a find in opt with maxdepth 3, for example...
anyone knows if this way of including is supported?

A little lecture :)

http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/grml/grml-www/zsh/zsh-lovers.html

Anyone see things that dyne should have?
Test some and let me know, I don't have so much time to test everything on
this page

fruity