:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Remastering with a…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: TommyDrum
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Asunto: Re: [dyne:bolic] Remastering with a new kernel
> Matt Grice wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I'm currently trying to remaster a Dyne:Bolic CD with a different
> >kernel. 2.6.18 has a bug which screws up my external USB HD. I've been
> >trying to install 2.6.21-mm2-dyne from the dyne:bolic ftp site.
> >The method I've been using is:
> >
> >dynesdk makesdk
> >
> >I then copy the .krn file into dyne...
> >
> >export KRN=2.6.21-mm2-dyne
> >dynesdk mkkern (which goes smoothly)
> >
> >dynesdk mkinitrd (worked once, allowed an ISO to boot and run, but found
> >no kernel modules)

Have you downloaded
ftp://ftp.dyne.org/dynebolic/modules/kernel/linux-2.6.21-mm2-dyne.kmods ?
These should be the kernel modules.

> >dynesdk -K mkinitrd (no error messages, always freezes)
> >
> >at this point, the system freezes at the output "populating the ramdisk"
> >(or similar -my memory fails me... ), with no kernel messages (I had
> >been tailing /var/log/messages). The system appears to lose all access
> >to any discs at this point. the desktop still functions, but typing 'ls'
> >into an xterm sits and hangs. trying to run a program has the same result.
> >
> >I'm running dyne docked on an NTFS hard drive with stacks of room on an
> >AMD1700 with 512mb memory.

If you've got dyne:bolic docked all you've got to do is change the grub.conf
of your distribution to look to the new kernel.

> Guy wrote:
> Hi
> I haven't had all your problems but I did make an iso that wouldn't
> boot. The problem was isolinux.cfg not having the right name for the
> kernel. I did put the solution on the wiki under troubleshooting:
>
> you need to edit the file /dyne/sdk/cdrom/isolinux/isolinux.cfg and

That would be /dyne/SDK/cdrom/isolinux/isolinux.cfg (capital letters for SDK).

Ciao
Tommy