:: [dyne:bolic] Problems with wireless…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ed Iglehart
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Asunto: [dyne:bolic] Problems with wireless drivers.
Namaste!

I'm having great problems getting Dyne II to recognise the inbuilt Prism
wireless system on my AmiloD laptop. I,ve tried to get it to work with
ndiswrapper-ing the prisma00.inf set of files from the vendor
(Conexant), and it informs me that the driver isn't installed
(properly), and that an alternate driver is prism54. I've tried
ndiswrapper -a prism54 [deviceid] to learn that prism54 isn't installed
(properly).

iwconfig eth1 (for that is what the wireless unit is called by dyne),
says it isn't ready.
ifconfig won't come 'up', but will take an address and commands to be
'dynamic', etc.

I'm at my wits' end here. Can someone please make a suggetsion.

Dyne II Dhoruba up and running well on an older ex-win ME computer,
complete with pci wireless card. There the card's called ra0 (by dyne),
and the driver seems to have been found automatically, but I had to do a
wee script for /etc/rc.local with ifconfig, iwconfig and route commends
for it to come up at boot.

Everything else works great with Dhoruba on the laptop, (haven't tried
wired ethernet) but the touchpad'll need a bit of fine tuning for
sensitivity, etc. Are synaptics, synclient, syndaemon, etc. or other
synaptics drivers available for/through dyne?

Thanks for the excellent work you're engaged upon.

Assalaam 'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu
Peace, God's mercy and blessings be upon you
ed

--

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who count using the binary number system and those who do not.

 In explaining any puzzling Washington phenomenon,
     always choose stupidity over conspiracy,
     incompetence over cunning.
     Anything else gives them too much credit.

                    -Charles Krauthammer

When the Guru administers, the users
are hardly aware that he exists.
Next best is a sysop who is loved.
Next, one who is feared.
And worst, one who is despised.

If you don't trust the users,
you make them untrustworthy.

The Guru doesn't talk, he hacks.
When his work is done,
the users say, "Amazing:
we implemented it, all by ourselves!"

Men love their ideas more than their lives. And the more preposterous the idea, the more eager they are to die for it. And to kill for it.: Edward Abbey

"The greatest country, the richest country, is not that which has the most capitalists, monopolists, immense grabbings, vast fortunes, with its sad, sad soil of extreme, degrading, damning poverty, but the land in which there are the most homesteads, freeholds-where wealth does not show such contrasts high and low, where all men have enough-a modest living-and no man is made possessor beyond the sane and beautiful necessities.": Walt Whitman (1819-1892):

"A State divided into a small number of rich and a large number of poor will always develop a government manipulated by the rich to protect the amenities represented by their property.": Harold Laski

=
"Of all the enemies to public liberty, war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes. And armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. "In war, too, the discretionary power of the Executive is extended. Its influence in dealing out offices, honors, and emoluments is multiplied; and all the means of seducing the minds, are added to those of subduing the force of the people. "The same malignant aspect in republicanism may be traced in the inequality of fortunes, and the opportunities of fraud, growing out of a state of war... and in the degeneracy of manners and morals, engendered by both. No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare." : James Madison, April 20, 1795

 When one this sentence into the German
     to translate wanted, would one the fact
     exploit, that the word order and the
     punctuation already with the German
     conventions agree?

               -Douglas Hofstadter
                From the Bill Wagner Collection

Peter's Law of Substitution:
    Look after the molehills, and the mountains will look after themselves.