:: [dyne:bolic] installing without CD
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Brian Cockley
À: dynebolic
Sujet: [dyne:bolic] installing without CD
I have a little problem for you teckies out there. I have an old laptop
( Fujitsu Lifebook Pentium2 chip) that I would like to use just for web
browsing and emails. The laptop has a good 80gig hard drive, NO cd
drive, NO floppy drive and it won't boot from usb.

I can take the hard drive out of the laptop and plug it into my PC (I
use an adaptor cable).

Installing to the hard drive via my pc and then putting the disk back in
the laptop does not work as everything on the pc is different to the laptop.

Is there a way of copying Dyne to the hard drive (using my pc), making
the hard drive boot and then doing the install from the hard drive?

I have version 2.5 on CD