:: [dyne:bolic] Packaging Dyne modules
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Matt Grice
À: dynebolic
Sujet: [dyne:bolic] Packaging Dyne modules
Hi,

I've just docked Dyne:Bolic 2.5 Dhoruba so I can get some Blender done ;)

I'm trying to create an "NVIDIA proprietary kernel module" Dyne module
(Bad, bad me.).

The userland components work fine; the problem is with the kernel module.

In accordance with the guidelines from dev.dynebolic.org, I've tried
putting nvidia.ko in $DYNE_SYS_MNT/SDK/nvidia/kernel/ and I've tried
putting it in $DYNE_SYS_MNT/SDK/nvidia/kernel/drivers/video/ (which is
where it would be installed). It just doesn't appear in
/lib/modules/2.6.18-ck1-dyne anywhere!

It says in the guidelines that the user should get the option of
rejecting the module for security reasons. I don't get that. Oh yeah,
and I *did* remember to copy the squashed module back into dyne/modules/ ;)

Anyone got any ideas?

Matt Grice

PS Many thanks for your help in advance!