:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Installation on a …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: jaromil
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Asunto: Re: [dyne:bolic] Installation on a 8-core mac pro

hi,

On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 01:20:48AM +0000, ZT Yew wrote:

> I just got an 8-core mac pro and would like to install linux on it.

> I tried ubuntu and it doesn't work. I was wondering if dyneII is
> compatible with mac pro?

dyneII is compatible with intel-mac computers, but i only saw it
working without video hardware acceleration and poor sound support.

in general you will notice that it does run smooth on the
architecture, but it lacks support for the specific hardware which is
not really free software friendly ... let's hope they'll open up more
in future, especially considering ATI released the specs.

i recommend keeping an eye on the pure:dyne project which is focusing
specifically on support of intel-mac machines and in general on recent
and fast architectures. they are now busy with a new release!
http://puredyne.goto10.org

ciao

- --
(_ http://jaromil.dyne.org _)