:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Greetings and Matr…
Top Pagina
Auteur: catonano
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: Re: [dyne:bolic] Greetings and Matrox Marvel g450 etv
Martin,

At 18.55 30/09/2007, you wrote:
>sön 2007-09-30 klockan 17:41 +0200 skrev catonano: > Hello dynabolic-ers ! >
> > first, let me express my gratitude for making up such a marvelous
> > installation system: just copy a folder ! Great ! How comes no one
> > else ever thouthg about this before ? This is unexplainable ! Well,
> > thanks to you, who did.

>Yah, it's great!

> > Well, the subject is clear, I think. I have a machine with a Matrox
> > Marvel g450 etv video card.
> >
> > I hit "lsmod" on the keyboard and I saw a modue called
> > "matroxfb_g450" so I thoutgh it had to be the driver suitable for my card.
> >
> > I hit modprobe matroxfb_g450 and it seemed it was loaded.
> >
> > But then I launched XawTV and it didn't show up.
> >
> > Also I opened another video software (I
> don't remember wich one, sorry) and in a blue
> screen there was written "No /dev/video0 no such device"
> >
> > What's wrong ?

>/dev/video0, /dev/video1, etc is your video-in
>devices; ie, video-cameras and stuff. So, unless
>you are trying to connect your computer and
>camera, you haven't run into any problem yet!

Actually I was not trying to connect any
video-camera. I was just trying to probe the
functioning of the video card. In Windows, that
card is used to collect a video signal coming
from the tv (the card has a tune-in port) and a
proprietary software from Marvel saves that
signal in files. I was just hoping I could do the same in dyne.

>On a relating note, video in dynebolic is more
>or less broken (I haven't gotten it to work, though).

I see.

> This is due to video in general is broken on Linux.

Oh. I didn't imagine.

>However, we are hoping on a fix ASAP.

Well. After so many bad news I admit your hope to
fix things ASAP doesn't make me feel better ;-)

And since we're at it, may I ask you why you hope
to fix thing ASAP ? Probably you know something I don't.

I mean, the driver for the card is there ! Is it
crippled ? If it's not I don't see why it shouldn't be working !

Am I wrong ?

Well, thanks for your care, anyhow
Bye
Catonano