:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dynebolic Goes Dia…
Página Inicial
Autor: Guy
Para: dynebolic mailinglist
Assunto: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dynebolic Goes Diabolical Again
Mike Webb wrote:

>A couple of months ago, I wrote in because the Software Menu and
>Taskbar had disappeared. vlax@??? had a helpful solution
>(issuing the command "xfce4-panel &" from an X-terminal) and the
>problem went away.
>
>Now I've not only got that problem (which Vlax's fix once again
>resolved), but a bunch of others in the GUI that are driving me nuts.
>My computer's just barely usable.
>
>First, the minor glitch; the "Software Menu" logo no longer appears,
>and when I right-click to pull up the menu, "Software Menu" is greyed
>out.
>
>Now the bigger ones. Open programs are not listed in the taskbar. Open
>windows do not show the title bar, nor can they be stretched or moved.
>They're stuck in the top left corner of the screen.
>
>Alt-Tab (for switching between programs) does not work.
>
>Right-clicking on an option pulls down the menu BEHIND the program (I
>only know this because I have a fairly long right-click menu in
>Firefox), making it generally inaccessible.
>
>It seems like the only way I can close a program is to pull up Qps and kill it.
>
>HELP!
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

Hi Mike

Just a thought - there is an icon under the configuration gui for
configuring the desktop - in there is a box 'use wmaker to mangage the
desktop' - somehow at one stage mine got turned off, perhaps you need to
click yours to get it to work? Sorry if the location details are a bit
vague, I am not on my d:b system - if you cant find it give me a shout &
I will look properly when I am at home.

cheers

Guy