:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Running VST plugin…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: jaromil
Betreff: Re: [dyne:bolic] Running VST plugins using fst

hello!

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 11:14:23PM +0200, Bryan wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Breaking with Netiquette by giving a reply on top, but here goes:
>
> Without a clue on what VST plugins are, nor fst, your snipped description

the instructions that Alex posted are for using Audio Effects compiled
for the win32 platform: there are several different .dll known as VST
audio effects, marketed in the past 10 years and more on the m$
platform.

if you bought proprietary software to do music in the past (which is
probably the case unless you are just approaching digital music today)
then you can still use the good old effects that make your tunes
special.. thanks Alex for the quick instructions! and of course Paul
Davis and all the other coders.
the gnu linux audio scene is very alive eh!

> below sounds exactly as the information I would expect in our newly
> created BUILD_INFO file. That is of course if all this is to result in a
> dyne module.

yes. i'm also all for the BUILD_INFO and the scripts i write will honour
that file.

ciao

- --
(_ http://jaromil.dyne.org _)