:: Re: [dyne:bolic] modules...
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: ryan
À: dynebolic mailinglist
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] modules...
> Giftmischer <giftmischer_01@???> wrote:>
>A really good idea! But how get we a mailing list and where do we
>install it? - My webspace offers me only web forums and stuff like this:

This site might be worth looking into: http://www.freelists.org/

i haven't had a chance yet, or a forum might be an idea,
although a mailing list might be easyer.

>To make your site a bit more looking
>clear, you can use a table like this way:
>
>modul | version | description | size | comment | host

I will go through and add sizes when I get time. I should have done that to
start with...

jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

> > working nvidia module?
>
> what about porting Envy software to dyne:bolic?
> http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html
> being the case that the user guides the installation and we don't need
> to ship drivers in dyne:bolic (they are downloaded by the scripts) then
> we can include Envy in the default distribution - and still stay free.

envy
looks good, i think I remember kanopix having a similar thing but just
a shell script that
pulled the drivers from the nvidia site and installed them rather than
using the debian repositries (even though
its based on sid).