:: Re: [dyne:bolic] New db user commen…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Bomis
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: Re: [dyne:bolic] New db user comments
> > All that .deb/.rpm/.tgz/midnight
> > commander/package/repository/install/module stuff is VERY confusing to
> > those of us who are trying to cross over from the dark side (if you know
> > what I mean), where one downloads an .exe file, then clicks on it, and
> > you're done.
> >

> That's not so hard when you know how. I guess I used DOS before
> windows & learned to love the command line.

A command line interface is not a problem for me. I used the CLI for
everything on the old Amigas, and I did a lot of work with text-based
CAD software. To me, it's like conversing, as opposed to pointing and
grunting, i.e. icon/menu/pointer interface. I just don't know what any
of the words mean. You know, the names for things on other computer
systems tend to make sense. Linux names seem to be intentionally
opaque. I mean, grub? What the heck is that?

> You should be able to set
> up the file manager rox

See what I mean? Rocks?

Maybe I need to play some Bob Marley to get into a rasta mood.

> so that if you clicked a slackware package it
> would install it, if that helped.

So rox gets slackware? Hmm. OK.

> When you get used to Linux installers
> you will find that they are not *nearly* as messy as windows ones.

Easy when you know how, I'm sure.

I.

                          love email again