:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Firewall?
Top Pagina
Auteur: jaromil
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: Re: [dyne:bolic] Firewall?

hi Guy,

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 09:35:59PM +0100, G_P wrote:
> Mike Webb wrote:
> >
> > . I've wanted to installseveral packages into my nest, but my few
> > times of having tried to install a Debian package were unsuccessful.
> > I was really pleased with how well the Slackware packages installed.
>
> the ever increasingly impressive d:b includes alien, so you can
> convert deb (or rpm's) to tgz's by running 'alien -t packagename.deb'
> . Saved my life - how could I live without freecell :-D

the inclusion of support for .deb .tgz and .rpm was a core plan for
dyne:II since the early days of its development: being a nomadic system
it should be ready to make the best out of everything found on the way
;)

if you can write instructions about your experiences, with some examples
of commands as well, go ahead, you'll do a favour to all of us!

i'll also include some instructions in the manual, i guess is worth
documenting this functionality. in fact i'm not yet done highlighting
all features of d:b ...

ciao

- --
(_ jaromil _)(_ http://korova.dyne.org _)