:: [dyne:bolic] kernel module loading …
Top Pagina
Auteur: David Wood
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Oude Onderwerpen: Re: [dyne:bolic] module page?
Onderwerp: [dyne:bolic] kernel module loading in a dyne module
I've been trying to get a dyne module together to load
nvidia drivers for me, so that I can get my tv-out
running as I want it to... I'd rather like to do it as
a module as I'd then be able to redistribute it, and
save others any leg-work, not to mention re-use it on
my own machines.

I've got the bin and library files loading ok, but my
kernel module isn't being loaded. The dev
documentation suggests that I can write a rc script
and drop that into the /etc folder of my module, and
force loadmod to load my kernel module at startup.
Does anyone have any examples of this?

I'm guessing that it involves writing a script to
basically say "loadmod MYMODULENAME.ko " but, I'm not
sure what the path to my module will be when the dyne
module containing it gets loaded. The kernel module
itself is in the root of the /kernel folder of the
dyne module i'm building.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Dave

All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html