:: Re: [dyne:bolic] tv-out configurati…
Top Pagina
Auteur: David Wood
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: Re: [dyne:bolic] tv-out configuration
> You have not done anything wrong. It is the nature
> of the beast.
> Nesting only saves certain d:b directories, not the
> whole system - look
> at /mnt/nest & you will see which ones. You may
> have to look at
> re-mastering dyne:bolic or creating a module with
> dynesdk if you want to
> keep your changes.

Thanks -I had a look at creating a module to do this
last night after writing this mail, and it looks like
it's going to give me what I wanted with the nVidia
binary drivers. I had it halfway there copying the
bin files for the nVidia tools, but put the lib files
in the wrong folder! I'll probably give this another
go tomorrow.

When the driver was installed I was able to do what I
wanted to do with the TV-out. and veejay/reloaded. I
know the nVidia drivers are proprietary tech and
closed-source, but if these would be useful to anyone
else I'll put the module up on my site once I've got
it working, as nVidia's licensing lets you do
redistribute for linux driver packages.

So far I'm loving the dyne:bolic environment, it looks
great for creating a dedicated linux machine for
VJ'ing with, once I've got these tv-out bits sorted
out I'll be exactly where I want to be with it.

Much thanks to everyone involved,

David