:: Re: [dyne:bolic] wireless setup
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Alex Winfield
À: dynebolic mailinglist
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] wireless setup
Thanks for the quick response Richard, I was trying out the various
things you said as well as a few others.
iwconfig eth0 essid "NETGEAR" successfully changed the essid, but that
was all.
There is no password on the network, I'm certain of this.
To my eyes, dmesg indicates that the card was initialized without incident.

ifconfig eth0 up gives the following:
[d:b] ~ #ifconfig eth0 up
SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory
zsh:7531 exit 255    ifconfig eth0 up

I'm not sure what that means, but I went ahead and tried another
approach. From within Windoze, the wireless network is accessed without
problems, and with a Dell utility I was able to get the AP, among other
info. But when I do " iwconfig eth0 ap 00:18:4D:84:1C:8C " followed by
" iwconfig ", the AP remains unchanged from "Invalid".

Again, any/all help is greatly appreciated,
Alex