:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Other Low-Demand D…
Top Pagina
Auteur: jaromil
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: Re: [dyne:bolic] Other Low-Demand Distros?

hi Mike,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 10:21:09PM +0000, Mike Webb wrote:
> From what I'm reading, it sounds like I'm unlikely to get some help I
> was getting ready to ask about.

the issue of lack of centralized support you mention is real.

fact is that dyne:bolic is a *grassroot* community project and there is
not a centralized organization, but the open community of people
gathered in this mailinglist (more than 400 now) which has prooven to be
very helpful to each other in all the past 6 years.

i'm not sure i can give you the idea on how freaky all of us involved in
dyne:bolic are, but be sure is not the usual IT environment. there is
enough of that anyway all over the world, anyone can pick a distribution
with an helpdesk if that will solve the problems.

> what other distros have y'all had experience with that are very low in
> resource demands?

it's long time now i wanted to collect links to such distributions.

finally i've made it here http://bricolabs.net/operating-systems/
at least with systems that i've tried myself and i saw working well

bricolabs is a new project i'm getting involved, the website is soon
getting more documentation that i hope you'll find useful.

ciao

- --
(_ jaromil _)(_ http://korova.dyne.org _)