:: Re: [dyne:bolic] md5sum
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: TommyDrum
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dynebolic mailinglist
Aihe: Re: [dyne:bolic] md5sum
Στις Wednesday 16 May 2007 22:05:21 ο/η Sandy and Mike έγραψε:
> what is the actual md5sum for release 2.4.2? I've searched the site and
> the web with no luck. I have downloaded dyne-2.4.2.iso.md5, but what do I
> do with it? The only thing I know to do with .iso files is burn them and
> boot with them. Is that what I do with this?
>
> thanks for your help. I applaud your social aspirations.
>
> mike s

An md5 sum is a unique code generated generally by scanning an entire file
with appropriate tools, which generates a fingerprint, used to find out if a
file is actually what it says it is or not;
In this case, you should have two files: An iso file (dyne-2.4.2.iso) and an
md5 sum file (dyne-2.4.2-iso.md5). The md5 sum file is a text file that
contains a code. This code should be identical to the one an md5 summer tool
creates from scanning the iso file.
Is it identical? Congratulations, you really have an authentic iso!

If you google for "md5 sum windows" you should find many md5 summers that can
tell you the md5 sum of the iso file, and then compare it with the number in
the md5 sum file (which you could open with notepad).

More detailed info on md5sum on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Md5sum

Ciao, and happy dyne!
tommy

P.S. Jaromil (ciao beddu, tanto tempo!) could you please check out mycooc at
gmail dot com, seems to be stuck; cannot reply, cannot receive pass, cannot
enter mailman site... (thus I'm using another mail address)
kisses!