:: Re: [dyne:bolic] pure:dyne aka Evil…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Maxam CPC
À: dynebolic mailinglist
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] pure:dyne aka Evil OS - its no use to me
Wow. Fascinating insights Dan. I didn't know about the "rose garden"
symbology. Thanks for that information. I agree 100% about the necessity of
including the latest Rosegarden, and would also add that the inclusion of
"PureData" in dyne is a bit pointless to say the least. If you are a media
activist, you are more likely to have studied music theory than
object-oriented programming in depth (which is necessary to use PureData),
and I suspect that the people who can use PureData aren't really "musicians"
in the traditional sense. It looks to me like PureDyne like many distros is
at the moment just tacking on more 1337 stuff willy-nilly.

The other big waste of space for most users but not all, is Blender for 3d.
3D experts can use Blender, but this is only after a lot of study. Nobody
else has any use for it and it seems to be thrown in anyway, with the
attitude that if you can't use it you must be a dumbass/luser (interesting
to know who could use PureData AND Blender). PureData and Blender were both
developed by people with specific needs, and have evolved over time. Those
people who were with it at the beginning obviously find it a piece of cake
to use them. Others are lusers or people looking for a Linux-based challenge
(for whom the actual multimedia work itself is not a top priority).

I have another PC running 64-bit "64 Studio", another TRAC distro with
similar faults. What I'm saying is: things like GIMP and Rosegarden are
useful apps for everyone (so is Ardour), but PureData and Blender should be
optional extra downloadable modules and not bundled.

The evil logos of PureDyne are a bit annoying and stupid. Someone had to
stop being polite and tell you guys it's not funny or cool.

Cheers,

Maxam