:: [dyne:bolic] dynebolic 1.4.1 & Open…
Góra strony
Autor: mynameisnobody
Dla: dynebolic
Temat: [dyne:bolic] dynebolic 1.4.1 & OpenMosix
Hi!

I'm aware that dynebolic 1.4.1 is not the current version, however,
I'm trying to run a cluster and therefore it seems to be the best
choice. Unfortunately, I'm still having some problems.
First of all - I have already got a working OpenMosix cluster (kernel
2.4.26-1) based on the Eisfair distro [1] which is pretty useful for
getting something out of old hardware - in my case two 486s and two
pentiums. People just keep dumping their old stuff at my place...
This cluster is fully functional, however, at the moment there aren't
too many things it's really useful for - mainly mp3 encoding with
bladeenc (for old times' sake...)
What I'd like to do is to integrate a PII 400 MHz running dynebolic
into this cluster. Unfortunately, that machine and the rest of the
cluster keep ignoring each other. I've included the PII in the
openmosix.map file on all the other nodes, so they should "see" it (I
guess), but they don't. Similarly, running "/usr/mosix/openmosix
status" on the PII just returns that machine as the only cluster node.
Now I wonder whether I should try to get autodiscovery running on all
my nodes or whether there is any other way of integrating dynebolic
into the existing cluster.
I'd appreciate any advice you guys might give me.

Thanks,

Thomas B.

[1] www.eisfair.org - if you can't read German, this won't be too
useful for you...