:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Newbie Setup Issue…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Josh Lawrence
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: Re: [dyne:bolic] Newbie Setup Issues
On 2/27/07, Danny Steiner <djsteiner@???> wrote:
> Hi, I've just started using Dyne:Bolic and i am trying to set up a
> cluster with some very different computers. Everything is working great
> except for two things. 1)The oldest computer is an old pentium II ibm
> laptop with a 3com ethernet card in it, which dynebolic will not
> recognize. 2)My newest computer is a pentium 4 Dell that came with
> windows, and the main partition is NTFS. How can i get these problems
> fixed? Any help would be appreciated. Thank You!

Which version of dyne are you using? The only versions that support
clustering out-of-the-box are pre 2.0 versions, which contain
openmosix clustering stuff in the kernel.

2.3 should nest just fine on ntfs, though I have had some issues
getting nests to be recognized in general (regardless of the file
system) with 2.4. Still waiting to hear from "the man" on that one...
:)

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com