:: Re: [dyne:bolic] usb/hd nesting
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Kristofer Dale
À: dynebolic
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] usb/hd nesting

While I was experimenting with different versions, I determined that I
could have multiple "docks" with nests on the same hard disk, as long as
one was named "dyne" and the others were named "dyne1.4" etc. Any nest file
placed within the corresponding dyne folder is detected during bootup, as
long as the correct boot CD is used for that particular dock's version. I
also noticed that using the default 32MB minimum size for a nest was
possibly too small once I started adding Firefox plug-ins and custom
settings for other applications, since the nest file would become corrupted
resulting in strange desktop configurations at bootup, for example.
Creating 500MB nests seems to alleviate this situation. Is there a way of
determining how much of the nest is "full" in order to free up unused
storage space once everything is tweaked and humming along reliably?

.        _o              Kristofer Dale,
.     _ \<,_             ragged individualist,
.    ( )/ ( )            statistic at large...
.

p.s. Learn and live, http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org