:: Re: [dyne:bolic] [dynebolic] Bootab…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: asnel
À: dynebolic mailinglist
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] [dynebolic] Bootable dyneII DVDs?
It seems very reasonable in my mind. I don't have much experience with dyne (or
other live cds), but here's what I'm thinking. You could take the entire
contents of the dynebolic iso, and put them on a DVD iso (this does include not
only the main parition, but the bootloader partition). Then add all your extra
programs and junk, then burn it. All the basic stuff for booting and the system
is already inside the dynebolic iso, and it shouldn't matter whether the media
is DVD or CD. I don't have a dvd burner to try it, but in principle it should
work.
I'm pretty sure you could do a similar thing with any other distro. Install it
onto a hard disk, get it configured all how you want it (as long as you are
under 4GB), then create an iso of the entire thing. It'd work just like your
harddisk. Only you wouldn't be able to change any settings or anything. So just
be darn sure you set the sucker up right...

Ashton