:: Re: [dyne:bolic] OT: forkbomb
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: stomfisite
À: dynebolic mailinglist
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] OT: forkbomb
Ye old UNIX philosophy was: "Security is the responsibility of the
user".
It's a bit like travel on a motorway. Malicious individuals can toss
rocks off overpasses or embankments which may bomb random vehicles
who are not looking out for the event. Some Linux powered vehicles
hardly ever get hit.
How or does one secure the problem?
If the answer is simple or won't degrade performance, usability and
innovation or if someone like you does all the research and comes up
with a free add on rock deflector, well then yes, otherwise I'll
stick to a chroot jail vehicle for motorway travel and take my
chances, knowing I don't keep any valuables in the jail.
Stomfi