:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Multiple USB drive…
Top Pagina
Auteur: just john
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: Re: [dyne:bolic] Multiple USB drives (in 1.4.1)?

> What filesystems are you trying to mount?I'm no expert but I know 1.4.1
> doesn't mount everything.I know it mounts Reiser and windows
> filesystems.Are you able to switch up to 2.3?I still run 1.4.1 because of
> the clustering and eagerly await the openmosix 2.6 kernel offering.You
> mentioned running on a laptop,perhaps the realtime kernel in the newer
> Dyne would be of more use to you.

These are mostly FAT32 filesystems.

To my chagrin*, I found documentation in the dyne 2.3 part that should
probably apply to 1.4.1.

On here http://dynebolic.org/manual/x114.htm I now find:

> But beware that sometimes unusual partition schemes can confuse
> the autodetection, so you can try by hand in a Xterminal issuing
> manual commands:

> [d:b] ~ # mount /dev/sdXY /mnt/usb [Enter]

... and that sounds like EXACTLY what I had been looking for, and had
forgotten to doublecheck.

(There's another liveCD distro, Musix, that has a desktop icon linked to a
script, and it's called "Mount All Volumes," which is pretty dandy. Maybe
I'll look at that, too.)

And yeah, I've been looking at dyneII since its first beta distro, and
I'll get around to 2.3.x sooner or later. (2.0 had some interesting
problems with one laptop, and crashed (boringly) on another.)

* That I asked here before looking again.

* Radio Free Entropy: http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *