:: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne:bolic 2.3 DHO…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Josh Lawrence
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Asunto: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne:bolic 2.3 DHORUBA SOLID STATE
On 12/7/06, tommy mcdurmon <tommac@???> wrote:
> This is interesting but my problem with Dyne and every other Linux OS is
> unless you are a Linux expert it is next to impossible to connect
> wireless to the internet. I still run a dual boot to allow me to
> connect. With all the Linux talent around, why can't this be done?
> tom

Tom,

I'm not sure what hardware you're using, so all of my comments are a
little bit of a guess.

For the most part, you can blame hardware manufacturers for not
releasing the specs to their hardware for open source developers to
create appropriate drivers for your devices. Many times, this
hardware is Windows only for that very reason. Remember that, with
closed hardware, developers are having to reverse-engineer the
hardware and drivers, a monumental task for any programmer. My advice
to you is to look for cards that are specifically supported in Linux,
and purchase those. That way you increase your chances of your
hardware working tenfold.

Same thing goes with soundcards. Buy stuff supported by Linux, and
these problems will, for the most part, go away.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com