:: Re: [dyne:bolic] autodetect network…
Góra strony
Autor: Benito IFSI
Dla: dynebolic
Temat: Re: [dyne:bolic] autodetect network modules

I'm self responding with little more precisions...:D

On a 2.3 docked system in a vmware machine

>The (stock) bootstrap.sh script contain a section with an autodetect stuff
>for modules but it don't work for me in my vmware environment unless the
>good module (pcnet32) is included in initrd

At boot it complain for a modules.pcimap file.
Googling around about the pcimodules binary says that this bin used in the
botstrap autodetect process need this modules.pcimap file in
/lib/modules/<kernel.version>/
Documentation say that file is created by the depmod command who is not
implemented in the busybox (v1.01 in my 2.3) and seems not implemented in
wathever version of busybox (based on the last v1.2.2 command list).
I search in the doc and in the SDK startup repertory but was unable to find
the right way to add or create this file at boot time.

Is a copy of the /usr/lib/modules/<kernel.version>/modules.pcimap from
running 2.3 will work ?
Where can i add this file in the startup directory ?
Is it a way to make the dynesdk mkinitrd to (add/create) this file when the
-m option is used ?

Am i in the right way ?

Thanks for your (lost ?) reading time.

Windows Live Spaces : créez votre Space à votre image !
http://www.windowslivespaces.fr/