:: [dyne:bolic] Wireless in Dyne:bolic…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Metod
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dynebolic
Aihe: [dyne:bolic] Wireless in Dyne:bolic 2.3
Hello everyone,

I'm using Dyne:bolic since the 2.3 version came out and I'm loving it!
Great choice of software and great speed, even from the Live CD. The
only problem I am having is to connect with my wireless usb key. It
might be too much to ask, I know.... I understand that this distro is
multimedia oriented and might not have all networking tools needed. Or
it's just me, newbie, not knowing how to set it up :-)
This is what I tried....It might not help that I have to use
ndiswrapper for my driver. (sis163u.inf). It seems to install well, I
see the driver and the hardware are present. I issued also depmod -a
and modprobe ndiswrapper so all is loaded.
When I go to Configure/wireless I see the wlan0 is detected but there
is no card to be configured. In the network configuration I see only
my eth0 card. I tried to use iwconfig and enter all known parameters,
but I'm not sure what to do afterwards.
If anyone could help me with this I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.

mk.