:: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne 2.2 with 32 r…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: jaromil
À: dynebolic mailinglist
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne 2.2 with 32 ram?

hi Darius,

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 02:22:49PM +0100, darius m wrote:
> I have reached the end of boot and it says there is problem with some
> socket and the screen goes gray. No mouse, no nothing. Can it be the
> problem of PC model?: Pentium 200 MMX, 32 mb ram. Than You. Darius

dyne:II requires 64MB of RAM to run in graphical mode, that is probably
the source of your problem.

you can run it in text console mode (still with framebuffer and mouse
support) by using the configuration 'ascii=true' as a kernel parameter
or inside the dyne.cfg file. in ascii mode dyne:II should run fine even
with 32MB of RAM, still providing browsing facilities using the links
browser on the framebuffer.

ciao

- --
jaromil, dyne.org rasta coder, http://afrolinux.org