:: [dyne:bolic] usb stick
Top Pagina
Auteur: Ari
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: [dyne:bolic] usb stick
I used all yesterday to formatting partitioning my new pen drive and
trying to dock and nest.
1.) I can run D:B from cd, _it works_
2.) Start from CD, nest from Usb , _it works_
3.) docking from hard disk, and nesting, boot from CD,_ it works_
4.) start from cd and usb docking, _fails_
5.)grub in usb, docking in usb, nesting in usb, _fails

_I did partitioning with fdisk in my Fedora Core 5, used fat16, fat 32,
ext2 but without success. then I used gparted no help, also tried
instructions from Flash Linux site, in erasing my memory, no help, at
the end I couldn´ t anymore to get pen work...now I can laugh for it. It
also works again.

should I prepare the partition structure with some specific manner flash
linux manuals wrote : Most keys come with a pre-made DOS partition, The
partition table it uses is not usually compatible with Linux and needs
to be removed. So my pen works also under windows. even it read in
packet that it is running under linux kernel 2.4 and above. but now
after I have changed it ext2 linux partition it still might have some
unfittin structures in it that make it unfitting for booting linux?!?

how i should copy the dyne folder to usb disk after it has prepared
correctly? if I copy with drag and drop, folder and files stay write
protected.

°o0°o (^__^) °o0°o

  reg.Linux user
      411459